Gift-giving: Budget style


With the Christmas season comes gifts, new clothes, shoes, etc. And in staying true to the tradition, it's time to start buying gifts, especially now that most (if not all) have received their 13th month pay. Of course, with the global financial crisis, we can't afford to be extravagant gift-givers. So, how do we buy gifts that are of good quality but wouldn't leave us with countless of sleepless nights thinking, "How the heck am I going to survive for the next month?" Or "How will I pay off my credit card debts?" Not positive thoughts for the start of the year, right?

I know lots of people would troop to Divisoria and Greenhills (well, I also wanted to go there!). But the downside of buying stuff there is that we are not sure of the quality. I have bought some shirts worth pHp 75 to 100 only to find out that after being washed twice, I have used up the value of my shirt. Sad but true! And definitely, I won't be buying the same thing to give as gifts.

Nowadays, it would be best for us to create the gift, rather than buy it. It is cheaper and the effort put into making it gives more value. But how about for those who would rather buy than make? Well, I have found the right places to shop for gifts not just for others but for yourself as well.

Yesterday, Daddylove and I decided to window shop for possible gifts. We headed to the SM Marikina City. But before going there, we passed through a warehouse sale for Mendrez, Trod, Diesel and Unlisted. The cheapest pair of ladies' high-heeled sandals was priced at pHp100. Wow, not bad! Of course these designs were last season but they are not outdated. They also had rubber shoes for guys and gals alike. Unfortunately, I found fewer stocks compared to the ones that I saw last Saturday. For all those who want to go see for yourselves, it's just along Bayan-Bayanan Avenue, before you reach the Fire Station. Hopefully, more pairs are still available.

I have two more warehouse sales in my list aside from my favorite mall. But first, I need to study for an important exam. Tomorrow, I'll continue my list. See you then!

myLot User Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment