Floods...past, present, and future



Today, my back aches... my arms ache a bit... even my buns ache!

Yesterday, as the rains kept on pouring. And Nanay and I kept on silently praying for the rain to stop...the inevitable happened (again). The flood came. Well, I won't be talking about how we tried to get all the water out of the house and the terrace. Just a while ago, before I was about to start reading I started reminiscing of yesterday's events -- How Nanay and I swapped stories about floods, etc. And speaking of floods, my memories came back to more than 20 years ago.

The Past
Memories of floods took me to San Fernando, Pampanga... where I was born and where we lived until I was around Grade 2. The place easily flooded also. And during the flood, just like any youngster, we tried to catch fish or wade in the water. And when the floods get too high, Daddy would put us in a floater with a wood under it para naman nakaupo kami. And we will "tour" the front of our house. We had lots of fun!


It also brought me back to Los BaƱos when we lived in a house with a really huge backyard. After any storm, my siblings and I would start helping Mommy clean the yard. We had our designated areas then. And of course, while cleaning we would also fool around. That cleaning the yard would take us the entire day! :)

And I started missing my family. Most of my siblings are married now, except for our dear bunso. And I know how lonely it might be at the house. I only hope that someday soon, we could all get together and have fun... Just like when we were still young that we were each other's playmates. And Mimi would end up complaining of our noise, hehehe. How time flies!!!

The Present
The flood left a messy trail of trash and mud in the streets... And it got me thinking again... How irresponsible some people get that they take the environment for granted. If only all of us would be educated on the wrong things that we do to the environment.

The Future
Daddylove and I watched the documentary "The Inconvenient Truth" and got touched by it. Please do watch it also. And let's always put the message to heart. We need to make lifestyle changes in order to save the environment. It's not always easy to undergo change. But if the future of our families and Mother Earth is in our hands... What are we waiting for?
Do check out
www.climatecrisis.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment