SIMOY PASKO NA

40 more days and it will be Christmas again. Simoy Pasko na nga eh! And like past Christmases, festive decors and lights adorn streets, malls, and houses in our neighborhood. But unlike past Christmases, times are tougher now. What with the global crisis, fertilizer fund scam and all.

Thus, I decided to recycle Mimi and Nanay's old Christmas decors. Like I put sequins on the gold Christmas balls, used old Christmas tree branches to make a garland, and added more glitter to the old trimmings. And everything turned out quite great for a creatively challenged person like me. Haha!

I still hope to get a decent picture of the garland that I made. And by December, I plan to put up more garlands at the terrace. I just don't want to put them too early just to collect dust. Also, there's this simple lantern made of capiz that I want to buy. I just get the feeling that Filipino Christmas isn't complete without one. Hehehe. Well, purchasing that can wait if I don't find one within my budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment