GOING GREEN: MORE USES OF BAKING SODA

Baking soda was the "star" in my first tip. And like I mentioned, I shall be trying out more of its uses based on what I've read about it. I even browsed some of my fave websites like rachael ray's and found out that they also use baking soda in cleaning and deodorizing! So far, I have used baking soda in the following:
1. Refrigerator: Use baking soda paste if it needs some scrubbing to remove stains. Or if only wiping will do, use a cloth dampened with the baking soda solution.
Leave a box of baking soda to absorb any odor inside the refrigerator. (To make sure that your ref won't smell, always cover left-over foods that you store in it.) Replace this every 30 days. (For me to remember, I wrote the date on the box.)

2. Tiles and sink: Use baking soda paste with a toothbrush. No need to worry because the fine granules won't scratch your tiles and sink.

3. Closets: Just like the refrigerator, closets can collect stale odor. Leave a box of baking soda to absorb odor.

4. Furniture and walls: Use a cloth dampened with baking soda solution. This will definitely remove marks (even crayons!).

5. Sneakers/shoes: deodorize sneakers and shoes by putting baking soda inside when not in use. Just shake the baking soda out before putting your shoes on! Or if you don't want to sprinkle the baking soda, you can put a cup inside old socks. Seal the end with a rubber band or ribbon. Then put this inside your shoes.

More tips coming up in my next blog.

1 comment:

  1. HI sis! Jas here. Finally got around to reading your blog. Ang gaganda ng mga sites niyo. Kakatuwa! Happy writing! God bless you and Joel always. :)

    ReplyDelete